#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-06, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: Nondieting/Moderation
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Smile Comment to Elizlea

"Before, all I ate was vegies, beans, no-fat splenda sweetened yogurt and apples."

Hi Elizlea!

I just joined this forum today. I just had to comment on your quote.

I spent a good part of last week on a low-fat, high-carb forum. I was told that the very diet that made you so ill is the type of diet that would make me feel better. Who in the world do you believe? There is so much info in our day and age - almost too much!!

I have nothing against the low-fat, high-carb supporters. Nothing at all, but after trying to follow this plan for years and literally failing on a daily basis, I just had to look elsewhere for guidance and support.

I was on the Atkins diet several times, but it made me so deathly ill, I just couldn't maintain it. I turned to low-fat, high-carb to no avail.

Dr. Schwarzbein's book made so much sense to me.

I will be starting again tomorrow and at that time, will begin a journal.

I just wanted to thank you (and the others) for posting. Thank you for taking time the time out of your busy days to help. There is so much confusion on what a "healthy" diet is today that in trying to figure it out, I became completely confused and wanted to just give up.

I am a 51-year old female that is quite ill. I suffer from nerve damage done years ago from a surgery that I had to have and have a very hard time doing anything but sitting in a chair. Exercise is not an option. I try to walk - very slowly - and try to get in at least 3000 steps a day - that's my max. I have to force myself to do that just to keep the circulation moving.

There is a ray of hope - nerve damage will not heal, I have to assume - but, at least, maybe I can feel better and have a better frame of mind. Just not having to try and figure out what the "best" diet is for one more day will be a much-improved state of mind.

I'm putting a lot of hope in this program.

Thank you....Teena
Sponsored Links