Wed, Feb-08-06, 05:54
BF:do not want :(
Coconut Mango Chicken Curry
We tried this tonight and it was delicious...
1kg chicken thighs (cut in quarters)
1 can coconut milk
2 mangoes (chopped in small pieces)
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 onion chopped
Grind with a mortar and pestle the following spices:
2 teaspoons dried chilli (with seeds)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon garam marsala
1. Heat coconut oil in a frypan, add onion and garlic and cook till the onion is transparent.
2. Add the ground spices and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes.
3. Put the coconut milk in a saucepan and heat gently.
4. Add the mixture of onion, garlic and spices to the coconut milk.
5. Add the mango pieces.
6. Heat more coconut oil in the frypan and cook the chicken thighs till brown and cooked through.
7. Add cooked chicken to the coconut milk and spices.
8. Simmer for at least 1/2 an hour (the longer the simmer the more tender the chicken will be).
We served the chicken with broccoli and carrot strips and a lovely red wine.