View Single Post
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-06, 11:37

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%
Default for Camcyd

For breakfast I eat eggs -sometimes hard boiled, soft boiled, omlette with avocados, or scrambled with or without onions, sometimes bacon. Sometimes I get sick of eggs, I mean bored, but I can't eat cereal! If I don't want any more eggs, I just have an avocado. You should have one every day, it's packed with nutrients. Vt. E bomb. And it's got half the sugar of an apple.

For lunch I make stir-fry shrimp or chicken with veggies, or you can even eat leftover meats, warm them up in hot butter instead of the microwave. Use a lot of butter on the veggies too.
If I'm hungry for a snack, I eat pine-nuts or almonds, any nuts are good except for peanuts(bad fat) pistachios and cashews (too moldy). A few pieces of berries with tons of whipped cream (not the ready-made one, but made from heavy cream that I whip myself).
For dinner I make a lot of meat (roast chicken with the skin on, or pork chops, steak, hamburger, beef stew with cauliflower, broccoli, celery instead of potatoes and carrots. Yesterday I made stuffed bell peppers. I didn't use rice, I just used ground beef, cheese cubes and home-made salsa. It's hard to be creative sometimes, this is why a cookbook is useful. Just leave out the bread, pasta, rice and substitute for something else. Eg. you can make lasagna with zuccini slices and meat and cheese and home-made sauce. Make a fajita only don't use tortillas. Use coconut flakes or crushed nuts in place of crumbs for breaded things. Coconut shrimp. MMM yummy. Don't buy the sweetened coconut flakes though.
If you are allowed some fruits, try an apple or banana pancake. Mash fruit, add 1-2 eggs, cinnamon or nutmeg, fry it up, flip it, done. Put honey or butter on it. I recommend coconut oil for frying or butter, olive oil for salads and cold preparations.
I drink a lot of water, you can have weak teas too. Peppermint, chamomile, yarrow, green tea.
Don't eat a lot of fiber- it's not as good as they make you believe.
Hope this helps. I'm in the middle of learning and experimenting, too.