View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 17:17

Plan: <1250 cal - Flexitarian
Stats: 243/199/130 Female 5'3.5"
BF:57%/Ugh/22%
Progress: 39%

Hi tuscany!

I applaud your plan on getting up earlier. Even though I am at home now, I get up at 5 am to work out on the elliptical (most days!). I have to get my son up at 5:50 am (he's 17, you'd think he could just use an alarm clock! [Well, he does, but then he goes back to sleep!] ). If I don't do it then, I never do it (that day). I like the feeling of:
1. getting it out of the way, early
2. exercising before I eat breakfast

I know how it is to not have help. I had no help, either. People don't realize what a drain it is to take care of a child 24/7. It's not like it stops at some point in the day. You even have to think of them when they're sleeping.

I tell you, I used to be such a deep sleeper. Ever since I had my son, though, you could drop a pin next to my bed and I would hear it!

When my son was 5, 6, 7, every night I'd hear him call me, because his blanket would fall on the floor (or just get pushed aside and he couldn't fix it). I wanted to glue that thing to the bed, after a while! (yes, I tucked it under the mattress, but he'd pull it out!)

If you want to go to a movie, (well, who goes out anymore, anyway?) but even if you did, you'd have to pay a stranger to stay with your child. It's very stressful. The stress alone will tire you out!

Don't worry about what others say about exercise. No one is in your shoes, but you. You will make time for whatever you feel is most important. Sometimes an extra half hour of sleep is more valuable than the exercise. See how you feel. Of course, it doesn't hurt to give the exercise a try.

Regarding my plan, yes, I am losing weight. Of course, I'd like it all to be gone by tomorrow, so it's never fast enough for me.
I think most any plan that reduces the calorie consumption will help someone lose weight. The real key is consistency. I have a feeling that if you do manage to increase your exercise, then you will notice the pounds coming off. You know the old adage: To lose weight, eat less and exercise more. In all the years of dieting, and all the hundreds of plans, that is the basic equation. Everything else is window dressing!

If you'd like, please visit me in my journal. You might like to start one of your own, too. That is a great place to 'converse' with others, and also jot down whatever you'd like to write about your own plan, too. Just click on the Journals/Bootcamp link and they have the instructions there.