#37   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 20:25
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
I mean, think about it. Without an underlying condition affecting the hungry/full mechanism, would someone actually CHOOSE to eat until they feel sick, harm their health, and become the kind of sideshow people really seem to get a kick out of wagging a shaming finger at?

This was me as I was gaining all those pounds that got me to be, at my high, 287 lbs. I was carb addicted and eating compulsively to push down anger/sadness/ more anger......I could not stop eating..and when I did finish all the pasta that I had cooked, then I'd go eat a pint of ice cream.....it all would just lay in my stomach and I could not sleep as it layed there. Some nights it came back up on me because I have a hyetal hernia....I hated myself and everything I was doing to myself.....and yet I could not stop. It was a nasty vicious cycle.

Please know that I desperately wanted to stop....I tried for 15 yrs to get a handle on my compulsive eating with very little to no success. It took alot of years in therapy before I got to a place where I had looked my demon in the eye and killed him off. This was my time for success.

Some people just cannot stop eating.....for those that do get bypass surgery and don't deal with their issues, I fear that they won't have long term success. This makes me very sad for them. Its not just about low carb and is about an emotional component too.