Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 375/170/160 Female 5'2"
BF:not as much now
Progress: 95%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PML
1... you use this baking mix in ANY recipe that calls for a baking mix? Including recipes calling for the high carb baking mixes? Can it be used to make rolled doughs (like for a pie crust for chicken pot pie or a rolled pasta "like" dumpling for chicken and dumplings) or is it just good for "drop" crusts and dumplings?

2...I also love chicken and dumplings and would love to enjoy them again. But I don't like the thick "doughy" dumplings that are so common in southern home cooking... never did, even though that is what I grew up with.
Phyllis

Sorry I haven't checked this in awhile.....

anything you can make with bisquick---you can make with this--the pie dough is good in my opinion just make sure all your ingredients are VERY COLD when you mix it and don't work it too much and refridgerate before trying to roll out.

many people don't like the doughy dumplings but here is a trick for thin noodle like dumplings without any work--LC tortillias!!! just cut them up in small sections and drop in your boiling broth--try the la tortilla factory brand rosemary flavored for a real treat.