View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 00:19
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh yes. I am one of the read-the-bookers and I'm damned proud of it!

The thing that has puzzled me since lowcarb.ca's launch almost two years ago is the amount of people who want to change their life - 'cause we all know that changing your weight changes your life - without bothering to find out anything about how their chosen plan works. Switching your source of energy is a difficult, baffling and sometimes agonizing process. Why make it worse by not knowing the basic physiology?

Of course Atkins gets chosen above all others because his name is almost synonymous with this type of "dieting".

Well, you can't be on Atkins if you don't know anything about the Atkins plan.

Newbies that have not read the New Diet Revolution can be spotted a mile away. A simple click on their profile reveals that yes, it's true. The LC Books You Have Read area says : none.

Now in order that we all be talking macadamia nuts, a basic knowledge of macadamia nuts is essential. If I'm talking macadamia nuts and you're talking almonds, it will be hard to understand each other. If we get to an understanding of each others nuts, we'll better understand what the other is saying and trying to accomplish.

I've read almost every book on low-carbing there is so that I can understand what the Schwarzbeiner's or CAD'ers or Sommersizer's are talking about.

So why am I still here after almost 2 years and probably over 100 posts saying "read the book" and the 5500 or so saying something else? Because I really want people to succeed with this. And, I can't help anyone who is not willing to take the right steps to succeed.

Since World Domination is one of your interests, you could start here. I'm sure you've gained a lot of low-carbing knowledge that would be most helpful to newbies. Even to those who have not read the "book."

And, I'm not on the Atkins payroll because I follow Protein Power. The Eades send me my commission on a quarterly basis.

Karen