View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-05, 00:09

Plan: 80/20 Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 250/190/145 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 57%

To answer the above question concerning the fats I use I will say that I believe like the Eades that saturated fats are fine for some people, but I am leery at times about telling everyone they are ok to eat liberally. For me I have never had trouble with them raising my LDL, but I know others it does.

Personally I believe this is mainly a genetic thing. I can get away with eating butter and lard and just about any animal fat and not have trouble with my LDL numbers, even when I was over 240 pounds my LDL levels were in the normal range. It used to really confuse doctors how I could be so over weight and have such normal blood pressure and cholesterol numbers. However I have friends who are not so lucky, and really had troubles with their cholesterol numbers until they eliminated saturated fat from their diet.

I compromise and modify the PP program a bit. I eat butter on a few things such as veggies and seafood, but I don’t cook with it, and I do not drown things in it. I cook with olive oil mostly. As far as dairy fat I limit the amount, not only does it seem to keep my weigh loss stalled if I consume too much, but also I just don’t like dairy as much and prefer not to consume it as much as olive oil. Other than cream in my coffee, I really do not use it much.

I think of all the programs Power Protein is the best, but I do incorporate parts of South Beach and part of Atkins into this WOE. I think everyone is unique and needs to do what is best for their own bodies.
Sponsored Links