View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 15:51

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 165/152/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hmm. When I first started SPII a couple years ago, I had the shakes like crazy all day long. My adrenals were probably moderately fatiqued. This lasted for months. I had a stressful postpartum experience last year and my adrenals crashed. Now I get the shakes again if stressed or having to multi-task. I get very foggy if busy or rushed. Also, cortisol maintains blood sugar, so if I don't eat every few hours I get hypoglycemic symptoms which includes shakiness.

I really think you need to get a qualified practitioner to help you with your thyroid problems. I know that is easier said then done, I've never gotten the help I need from MDs.

You can use her recommendations as a guideline and see what seems to work for you foodwise. Experiment a little. I think she says to taper off things like sugar and caffeine gradually as you can tolerate it, so that will be individual. Sugar is worse than caffeine. I don't remember what she says in the Program, but in SPII, she does give guidance as how to taper off stuff, such as replacing sugar with fruit.

Start exercise as soon as you can. She talks alot about overexercise, but underexercising is also bad. I have started having headaches and do alot of jaw clenching during the day, but exercise will have me feeling better within minutes. If you haven't been really active for awhile, just start off with walking and work your way up. Add resistance training as soon as you can, and yoga type things are good if you need to work on stress reduction. Unfortunately if you have a thyroid problem, I'm not sure if exercise will make you feel better. I have alot of those low thyroid symptoms, and I feel for you. You could try checking out the thyroid board here, but that still doesn't replace a practitioner.

Just incorporate the steps at your own pace, it gets easier as time goes on. If you're not feeling good, you are probably going to have to work on healing for some time. I'm doing a candida cleanse right now, but I still try to follow her basic eating principles (I'm just much more restricted right now, especially with carbs). Also reducing stress (which is easier said then done), is every bit as important as changing your eating habits.