Thread: facial hair
View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-05, 13:05

Plan: Not sure yet
Stats: 218/213/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

It's great to know that I am not alone in this. I was diagnosed with PCOS which is the culprit for this hair growth. I've been feeling like I should join a freak show as the bearded lady or something. I've tried everything from facial hair removal cremes, to waxing, to plucking (but man that was a lot of hairs to pluck!) I've been reduced to feeling like a man by shaving every day. Which is really embarrasing!!!! I've lost relationships because of it (which is probably for the better if they were going to be so shallow to begin with) And I've been plauged with a case of Social Anxiety Disorder that I trace back to it. Modern society places so many restrictions on what is considered beauty, and dark sideburns, a mustache, and chin/neck hair on a woman doesn't fit into the modern classification for "beautiful woman" So I've been left feeling downright ugly.
I've been thinking about getting electrolosis, or Laser hair removal, but knowing how expensive it is, and considering that I have more to contend with than merely facial hair has been my biggest deterant.
I've been reading about a drug called Spironolactone that blocks the testosterone that causes this type of hair growth, but I dislike taking medicine for anything, let alone vanity issues.
Anyway, The posts in this forum have really helped me to feel less alone in this big ol world full of supermodel stereotypes.
Thanks
-Arranell