View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 19:39

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

Hi there,
I just found out I'm expecting also the End of October, right now the due date is October 30, but I figure it could be as late as Nov. 5. I don't seem my doctor until next month. I have a 10 month old and I low carb during my last pregnancy lost weight during it, (I have since gained way to much back, so I'm going to have to figure out how to stop that with this one.), I ate roughly 90-100gms of carb a day. I did have gestational diabetes, so I did the best I could to keep my sugars below 100. That was my goal, going with Dr. Bernsteins book to have blood sugars around 85. I'm not sure that Ketosis is bad for the baby, but you have to remember that the kidneys are in development so it can be hard on those developing kidneys. I think the real concern with Ketosis is more that it can mask Pregnancy induced Hypertension, or perhaps even have a false postive for it. It will have to be a symptom that the Dr. will have to discount. With my last baby I also drank Low carb milk, and ate lots of plain whole milk yogurt, and cheese. That seemed to help. I also ate very little fruit, mostly just berries, and pineapple. I lots of almonds. Don't tell people you are low carbing, with all the veggies you are eating they will think what wonderful eating you are doing, for that baby, I bet they won't even notice there is hardly a "carb" on the plate. If you told them you were low fat eating with all of that stuff they would think nothing of it.
I would love to keep up with you and make you a buddy if we could. I have really needed a buddy since I had Kendra, and now that I'm expecting I could use a friend to keep in touch with.
Tanya