#12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 04:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/250/150
BF:
Progress:
Default US products in Oz

It would be great to be able to buy some of the products. I do have Diane Lee's Baking Low Carb book, which means I can pretty much bake anything, including bread. And Fran McCullough has a great hint on making low carb icecream that isn't like a rock.

GNC stores in Melbourne, and I assume elsewhere in Australia are bringing in more of the Atkins (better) products. I am addicted to Designer Protein powder, and have to say after 4 years of chocolate shake for breakfast I still love it.

The DaVinci syrups sound wonderful, the thicken/thin, bread mixes that make it easy, the brownie mix.

You can see I love my sweets.

And do you all know about Zecal? A mix of Stevia and Erythritol. It means you can cook with it (coz Stevia ain't great heated) and it is free of anything harmful. low carb, great for diabetes, doesn't affect blood glucose or insulin levels, GI value of zero, doesn't give you the same problems as Maltitol (?). I have used it for the past 18 months and love it.

Ring 03 9879 1488 for the importer. Still need to use Splenda for chocolate though.

Cheers
Dale