View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 16:14

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Thanks all for your input here! I'm happy to hear that there are others that have not gotten the sweet out of stevia. I was hoping that my tastebuds weren't too out of whack. I always thought I had a really heightened sense of taste and smell, but questioned it after this problem.

Well, an update, I took the stevia back and with receipt in hand, got a refund (well, actually, they offered cash, but I opted for a credit, which I immediately used to purchase more mayo ).

The little man behind the customer service desk was like a little elf with a huge attitude. He went on and on and on for quite a few minutes about how he just couldn't believe I couldn't taste the sweetness in stevia. He railed me, actually, in his arrogant little 90-lb way, saying that I must not have used it properly.

I just politely stated that I am not a sugar user and can taste "sweet" in the air, yet I could not get my tea to sweeten using a substantial amount of stevia.

finally, he conceded that PERHAPS it was a bad bottle of stevia.

Afterward, when I was replaying the event in my mind, I had the terrible thought that the little elf probably thought that I poured out the stevia and saved it, replacing it with water, just to save $14, right? Believe me, the condescending way this person talked down to me, I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking. I don't care anyway what he thinks.

Bottom line: stevia was the only non-sugar item I was willing to try for tea, but since it didn't work for me, no loss, no gain.

I do not crave sweets, I don't drink tea often, and when I do, I can enjoy it w/o sweeteners, so PHOOEY ON ELF BOY!

JudyAH, I haven't had oatmeal for about 3 weeks or so now (I'm super-low carbing it for breakfasts and lunches right now), but when I was having it, I would have it with fresh blueberries and cream and it was great!