View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 20:16

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Hi

The Insulin Resistance Diet would suit you very well because the plan counts dairy produce, beans etc. to be protein sources.

[ http://www.soulcysters.net/showthre...et&pagenumber=2]

Here's a synopsis of the plan:

--For every 15gm carbs you eat you must eat at least 7gm protein with it.
--Don't eat more than 30gm carbs in one sitting
--Once you've eaten carbs, don't eat any more for at least 2hrs. If you do, those extra carbs go right to fat!

Extra tips:
--Drink 8-8oz glasses of water a day, PLUS another 8oz glass for every 25lbs you are overweight. Water is very important to metabolism.
--Get plenty of fiber. It's also very important to metabolism.
--You can snack, just remember to combine carbs with protein and follow the two hour rule.
--Apples and Oranges don't effect glycemic response, which means they don't dump a bunch of insulin in your system despite the sugar they have. You can eat them without protein if you like.
--I find ways to "cheat" but stay on diet, so I don't feel at all deprived. For instance, I eat Snickers for breakfast practically every day. Common sense tells us we can't be on a diet if we are eating candy, but I drink a pint (16oz) of milk (skim, if anyone is interested) with it so I'm actually following the diet. I also eat a lot of fast food. A McDonald's cheeseburger has 35gm carbs and plenty of protein. I get a Double cheeseburger, no fries, no pop. Just the burger and water. I thought I'd feel deprived because I love fries and pop so much, but I don't. I do cheat and have fries the week of my period to kind of celebrate, but I find that I don't really even want to pop anymore. And it was something I drank almost every day!

You can also read 38 sample pages at http://www.amazon.com

Scarlet