#8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/183/135
BF:n/a
Progress: 13%
Smile Try this

Welcome, I just started this forum a few weeks my self. This is a great place for support. On Monday (July 8) will be my 8th week as a non smoker. Sure there is times I miss it. I changed my routine. If I'm craving a smoke I'll sometimes take a stick of gum(I know some gum can be 1 grams of carb .) Some time just taking a drink of water or going for a walk. Every one is different.
I'll tell you what I do I take a deep breath like first taking a drag of a cig. (in hale xhale) Then a piece of gum goes straight to my mouth. Before going on Dr. Atkins diet I used to have a sucker and go outsite (I didnt allow smoking in the house.) I think it was the hand and mouth motion. IT HELPED. Even when the phoned rang I would take the cordless and a sucker and head outside. It's all a habit. So you need to change those routine. I always find first thing in the morning is tough.( Thats when I really enjoyed my smokes.) So now I go to the computer read my mail. I forget about having that morning cig.
I'm also on Zyban. That REALLY helped too. Maybe think about that also. Just go the your doctor and ask about Zyban.
I hope these ideas helped you on trying to quit smoking.