View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post What inspired me...

There are so many reasons for starting LCing...

...but I'd have to say the hands down best reason was that I could barely walk. One day I was walking fine, the next I could barely move. My body was sending me a clear message...I had pushed it too hard and too long and it was about to give out.

Good thing my body figured out a way to get through my thick head. I was so deep in denial, that I just continued buying bigger and bigger clothes and with each larger set, I gave myself permission to eat more. I couldn't even get up off the couch without asking for help, and all I could wear when not at work were sweat pants.

I even ignored the message when I got in my car one morning and could no longer get the seat belt around me. I actually went ape-sh** on my partner, for adjusting the seat differently and messing up the length of the seat belt. NOW THAT's DENIAL!

Happily, I'm on the other side of that mess now. the seat belt fits very nicely, I fit in movie theatre seats, I wear jeans and all kinds of fun clothes again and most importantly, I have hope and pride.

Sorry for rambling...but I get passionate about thie WOE/WOL and my journey.

Good luck summer10 and good health to all who read here!

Donald
Attached Images
File Type: gif smilespy.gif (1.1 KB, 211 views)