#4   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 09:56

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Lightbulb I think I see the problem (?)

Hi Judy,

The first thing that jumped out at me, personally, was the broccoli! I'm totally UNABLE to eat that stuff, it gives THE WORST tummy cramps! Here's what gives me cramps, which I have been told is common with these foods in many people:

Broccoli
Brussell Sprouts
Avacado
Chinese Snow Peas
Snap Peas

There may be more, but do you see a trend here? They are all green for one thing. I don't know the other connection, but I am definately allergic to these foods and the cramps begin within hours of ingestion. I avoid them like the plague!

The other thing that stood out in your diet to me was the artificial sweeteners, perhaps in the desserts you mention? And the chocolate, where some people have ccramping from caffeine and chocolate has made many a person crampy.

Then the Burger King. I don't know what it is about BK, but it has ALWAYS given me and my hubby the cramps and the runs! No matter what we would eat there, you could set your clock to the cramps and runs that would come on within 12 hours. Taco Bell, nearly the same thing.

Remember, these places LOAD their food with MSG, which also gives me cramps, not to mention dizziness and bloating.

The salt in the bacon may have had something to contribute to your cramping.

It sounds like you've got a lot of cpossible ulprits. You're gonna eat whatever you choose, of course, but my advice to you would be to try and stick to the SP strictly for a couple of weeks. Stay away from bacon, eating out and artificial sweeteners. No decaf anything and no chocolate. Try to avoid any commercially prepared products. Avoid the foods I listed above that are common allergens to many. See how it goes for a couple of weeks, then begin adding in one food at a time to see how it affects your body.

It's hard for some to let go of the sweet stuff. I recommend trying to fill your sweets needs with fresh berries, they are very good for you in moderation. It's not the fat that is giving you the cramps, unless you are eating buckets of it. It's the junk still in your diet.

While one step at a time is a good appraoch for some, it's way too much leeway for others. Try the cold turkey method for 2 weeks, it is the only way figure out what your problem is.

Hope this helps. --TheBetty