Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Post Annie G's BFL Log

Day 1

5/1/2002

Wednesday Beginning measurements & Upper body workout

After biting the bullet and realizing that the last 15 pounds aren't just going to fall off without a little help, I went to the library and checked out PP and tried for BFL but it was checked out. So I've started reading PP and found it to be pretty similar to Atkins but I'm looking forward to learning about BFL if somebody would just return it to the library!

Anyway, I still printed out my fitness logs from BFL's web site and started my "trial" period until I get my calipers and my BFL book. I figured if I at least "practice" my workouts I'll get into the swing of things. It's been years since I've lifted free weights and keeping the proper form is going to take some time. I'm also not too proficient at changing the weights on my dumbbells. Practice, practice, practice!!!

Measurements

Height 62", waist 29", hips, 38", weight 145 pounds
Using PP calculations, BF% 27.48
LBM 105 pounds
Pounds of fat - 39.85 (yuck)

Goal

20% BF (ideal 20-26%)
Which means the ideal weight for me is 131 - 141 pounds. I'm already at 145 but I'm going need to trim some fat and pack on more muscle to get to that range with 20% BF.

Minimum protein grams/day - 63/day
Average so far on Atkins - 95/day

Because I'm combining Atkins OWL (then Maintenance) with BFL I'm going to continue to eat in OWL keeping my carbs between 30-60 per day (after fiber).

So for fat, on average, I consume 187 grams/day (74% of diet). And for carbs, I averaged 52/day this past month. This whole month, I've been in OWL so my carbs are higher than the previous months. I've maintained my weight at 145 and my inches have been moving around my body. Fat redistribution... Hence my commencement of BFL!!

First Workout - Upper body

Now, I'm not sure how heavy my dumbbells are before I add weight but I'm guessing 4 pounds which I didn't think about until after my workout when I realized how weak I am.

Chest - Dumbbell bench press
x12, x10, x8, x6, x12, x12 = 9 pounds; not completely sure

Back - One are dumbbell rows
x12, x10, x8, x6, x12, x12 = 9 pounds; not completely sure

Shoulders - combo of front and lateral raises, cuz weights were too heavy to finish all sets with just one exercise... need smaller weights.
x6, x6, x4, x2, x6, x6 = all at 9 pounds; not completely sure

Biceps - Barbell curls w/EZ bar (i think the ez bar weighs like 20 pounds but again i'm not sure)
x10, x8, x6, x4, x10, x5 (couldn't finish set of 10) = 20 pounds

Triceps - Tripcep kickbacks
x12, x10, x8, x6, x12, x12 = all at 9 pounds; not completely sure

After working out, I had 3 fried eggs w/ 1 T ketchup, and 3 glasses of water, 1 cup coffee. Took 2 amino acid tablets.

Not feeling very sore yet... But I'm totally pumped that I finished my first workout.
Sponsored Links