View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 04:15

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, and on behalf of low-carb users every where I would like to thank you again for what seem like heroic efforts on behalf of the cause! From what you say, it may be even worse in the USA than in the UK, for this reason: the printed media are "controlled" in the UK by their medical advisers; the national newspapers will not publish anything their advisers deem medically unsound. This gives the medical profession an opportunity to veto any opinions not consistent with the "party" message. On the other hand, this is offset by the broadcast media. The BBC in particular practise a doctrine of "Fairness, Accuracy and Impartiality", which gives dissenting voices the chance to state their case, and persuade people en masse. This takes time, because their programming schedules are planned for many months ahead, and they only return to such topics as ours at given intervals. But, in time, it is possible to challenge received medical wisdom, and offer proofs that low-carbohydrate diets do work, and are only restricted by the medical profession and the diet industry for reasons of protectionism. I admire your persistence, your commitment over many years, and frankly your generosity. Sincere good wishes.