Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 07:14
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 170/161/155
BF:
Progress: 60%
Wink

HI Jennifer,
Hope you doing well. The bars I was refering to were Protein Power Bars. They were mentioned briefly in his book an dcan be found if one follows the link low carb shopping at the top of the page. I know the Advantage bars by Atkins were listed as no-no's. Wanted to see if any of the memebers had these and their responses. From what I seee the ingredients. Yes, pleae let me know about the DR. Bars. Since we are both in Jersey if there is a store listed near you there will probably be one near me. Thanks.
Did you get the PPLP book or the original. I am still reading the former.
About 6 months ago when Iwas in the gym my trainer measured by body fat at 23.9. When I did it now I came up with 29%.. NOw it does not seem feasible that I could lose that much muscle so quickly. I only had gained 10 pounds since leaving the gym.
Actually when I took the measurements I already lost that gain of 10 pounds. I really don't think I was so accurate in doing the measurements. Bought a skin caliper to check body fat but it was very awkward and I sent it back. Believe the new book mention body fat and how to check> I will let you know.
I am feeling a little less tired. Eating more carbs, but not gaining weight. I"m within 10% of what my weight should be according to Eades (150),
so I am sure the weight will come off slowly.
Actually think that weight would really be low for me so I will see how I feel physically when I approach 155.
Are you taking a multi mineral supplement? I am taking a good one 500 magnesium, 99 potassium and others that are needed. Problem is it has some iron in it. I understand Eades does not look favorable on taking iron, but so far could not find one without the iron. Think I will visit gnc and see what is available in the way of bars and mineral supplements. Also have to inquire about Flax oil which does not sound too pleasant.
Take care, feel well!!!!
Allen