#10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 19:07

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 245/227/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Bad Little Fat Gram

Akiwican,

Beleive me I know. The first day I had to get over my absolute horror over all the fat that I was eating, then I started giggling like a kid. Imagine - binge on all the pork rinds, cheese, creme, meat you want. I used to be one of those people who always took the low cal, low fat option, never fried ANYTHING! Only ate eggs at a max 1x per week etc.

The Eades have a really good explanation in their book, and as I am an Anthropology buff (Major in Psychology, Minor in Anthro with a focus on Evolutionary Psychology) it amazed me how many papers they referred to in their book that I had actually read. They talk about a tribe in Africa who subsides mainly on animal products (blood, fat, meat, milk) and have lower cholesterols than the average North American. We are definately doing somthing wrong here in our diet.

its the Trans Fats you have to watch for, stay away from margerine and crap like that.

One thing I have found is that although I am eating increased fats, I find it harder to get to my calorie goal (I dont want to be in starvation mode) on other "diets" i have been on I have cried when I got close to my daily limit. The Protein must keep you fuller longer.

Anyway I babbled on long enough