Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 08:22
Midas in reverse

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/231/165 Male 75 inches
BF:~31%/~26%/<17%
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal
Elevation?...Huh..heck I only live here!! A quick google says that we are between 650'-3500' above sea level...the bread doesn't taste yeasty at all...just delicious!..Listen,I have 2 friends that have tried making this bread, one in the same street as me..and the other a 2 minute drive away..and this hasn't happened to them!..I think it depends on getting to know your bread maker!..mine is an 'el cheapo' and I can't programme it to do ONE knead..otherwise..hello!!..I would do so..hence the need to remove the paddles! BUT..even when I forget to take them out [if I'm busy] and it kneads twice..it still lifts the lid sometimes..so, go figure!

Thank you for your reply. I HAD an 'el cheapo', but never thought of removing the paddle, singular. I was very temporarily flush with some extra cash about a year ago, so I decided to blow it on a Zojirushi, and gave the el cheapo to a Japanese friend who didn't have one. Haven't used it for several months, though--am going to give your recipe a try, except that I'll try using rice bran instead of the wheat bran, since I have plenty of the former, and none of the latter, and am NOT flush with cash anymore!