View Single Post
  #186   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 08:24

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hello fellow turtles.

I'm back after about a year-long absence. I had lost about 40lbs, but I'm pretty sure that I've gained back about 15 (I don't weigh).

This is my third day of induction and I was feeling great yesterday, but today I woke up feeling irritable and hopeless. Feeling like it's useless at my age (53) and that I might as well accept the fact that I'm gonna be fat the rest of my life.

But I'm going to act as if anyway and hope that I can keep going. I think it's having to do Induction again (first time was almost 3 years ago) that makes me feel deprived and hopeless.

Also, I thiink all the bad press that Atkins has gotten has affected me. In my heart I believe that eliminating any food group completely isn't a good idea. I have eliminated grains from my diet completely, except for this past year, I ate very whole grains, mostly homebaked. However, I ate a lot of sugar and I'm sure that's the cause of weight gain and slowed down weight loss.

I haven't been here in so long and I am trying to come back. I need a lot of encouragement. I went to another thread but didn't get any encouragement there. I feel so left out among so many young people with quick weight loss. I am a fairly youthful person in how I act and feel, but reality is that I am smack dab in the middle of menopause and my body is so different than a young person's. Hearing about their weight loss is painful.

Help! I just need some encouragement from a mature person.

Kathy