View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 00:03
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 160/148/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 23. I was not terribly overweight (150 at 5'5") and had no symptoms other than a missing period. They tried to induce ovulation with Clomid, etc. For three years I tried to get pregnant, and in the meantime I adopted a beautiful baby girl. However, a year after she was born, I knew I wanted more children and that I couldn't afford another adoption. I inquired my physician about Glucophage and he stated I was not "IR enough" to take it...how the heck would he know since he didn't check my insulin levels?

Anyway, in October 2002 I ordered Glucophage from a New Zealand pharmaceutical company (without a prescription). Yes I know this is controversial, etc. I was desperate, though. It made me feel sick and shaky but I persisted. Exactly 18 days after starting Glucophage, I had a menstrual period. I didn't lose weight btw on Glucophage - I was not low carbing. Anyway, kept taking it (500 mg a day) and the symptoms stopped. In December I hadn't had a period, so I thought the Glucophage might no longer be working. As a last hope, I took a pregnancy test.

POSITIVE!!!!

I got pregnant within 6 weeks of starting Glucophage!!! I now have two beautiful little girls. However, I am sure that my problem is IR (as is evidenced by ovulation once on Glucophage) I am older, know more now, and am dedicated to trying the low-carb diet while med-free. But for people with IR, Glucophage can truly cure their infertility - look at me!