View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 07:54

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi.

Metformin has helped me a great deal. And yes I do get "almost" regular periods on it. I've heard that it doesn't always work on everyone, but I strongly believe that you have to hit the dosage that's right for you. In lots of cases, having met and LC at the same time is absolutely a miracle for our bodies. I've heard it SOOOOOO many times. The thing I like about met is that it's not harmful to our bodies as some other diabetes medications are. Yes you have the side effects in the beginning. But they don't last for ever and the benefits sure exeed the beginning discomforts! (For me anyways).

As for pregnancy, well it's only a dream for me right now. I believe that when God is willing for me to have one (IF), then it shall be so. I do not want to become obsessed with it and have it rule my life, and be forever miserable because of it. I have a wonderful husband who also gets confused in all of this. I strongly believe that he tries to protect me too much and makes himself seem like a brute at times so the blame will pass on him instead of people pointing the finger at my incapability to conceive.

I've never used a ovulating kit. I do know that they can be quite pricy. So I cannot comment on them. Why not try the basal body temperature route? It's way cheaper and you can tell when someone ovulates by the fluctuation and drop of temperature. That way you could monitor it every month.