View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-04, 23:27

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

After five doctors, I finally found a great doctor (#6) and he diagnosed me with Wilson's. Prior to him, my other docs had suggested everything from depression to "possibly MS." Whatever! The first thing #6 put me on was a good quality multi-vitamin and an adrenal supplement (Cytozyme-AD) and that immediately made a difference - - but a few weeks later, he started me on T3 (Cytomel). Later, he put me on another adrenal/hormone supplement - pregnenolone (mine was drastically reduced). All-in-all, I'm now on all of that, plus Vitamin C, Calcium/Magnesium and finally ferrous sulfate (my iron stores were extremely depleted which is common with thyroid troubles). Also, he found that I was insulin resistant and lead me to low carbing. I now have new hair growth - - and stronger hair, absolutely NO joint pain (was nearly incapacitated before), my muscles feel better, my fatigue is improving, my skin is improving, I have more stamina, it's easier to breathe, my periods are more regular, my body temperature has improved, my mood is improved .... he's done wonders with me. I hate taking so many pills every day, even though they're all mostly vitamins/minerals, but I would never dream of missing anything and feeling like I did pre#6.

All of that being said, every person is different, especially the adrenals and hormone reactions to thyroid problems, so my protocol may not be exactly what you need, however, the vitmains and minerals I'm taking, I'd advised just about anyone to take.