Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: general
Stats: 142/117.5/115 Female 5.4
BF:waist 32/28/27
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn119
I've gotten everything for this recipe from the store but the almond flour. I've been to 2 local supermarkets and wal-mart trying to find it. Do I need to go to a health store to find this, or is there something I can substitute in it's place?

Shawn119

if you have any almonds in the house you could make it yourself, since it's such a small amount...almonds actually expand a bit when you blend them so mesure for that, then blend until it has a floury gritty consistency (not too long or it will become more like butter)...I imagine the almond flour gives this pumpkin "cereal" that sort of Ralston-grainy texture a lot of us miss...
I think you may need to go to a health store or just a whole foods store to find almond flour...it's a common lc ingredient in baking because it's so low carb...you can make pound cakes, cookies, even scones, etc. with it...in most recipes however it does not subsitute cup for cup for wheat flour so I usually use almond flour low carb recipes I find on the net...
almond flour is somewhat expensive, but worth it for when you want to make a dessert you can go to town on...
it is generally sold in small bags for about 6.00...
hidingfox