Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 08:52
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoserLC
Having said that I have never noticed anything from any Oil supplement of any kind. CLA, DHA, EHA, GLA, ALA, flax, fish oil, tried 'em all to no discernable difference in my health. Besides any internal "feeling" I was also trying them for their supposed benefits to skin health. Nothing changed re: my sebhorrheic dermatitis. Midas well've been snake oil. Back to topical treatments which do work well.

I dunno but I think the purpose of supplements generally would not be to make you feel better, but to keep you free from disease caused by lack of a vitamin. For instance, scurvey or ricketts. I think their effect is very subtle; for instance will it help keep you from getting cancer in 20 years? Will it keep you free of heart disease? Not the sort of thing you can really detect. Although people attribute all kinds of things to supplements I think they may be a placebo effect or they're just coincidental effects.

Quote:
And I haven't had a cold in over a year, ever since I started taking vitamins C and E daily.

I haven't had a cold in over a year also, probably closer to two years. I don't take vitamins regularly. I think I can confidently state that vitamins don't prevent you from getting colds.