#10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 13:46

Plan: Fat Flush Plan
Stats: 233/146/150 Female 5ft 8inches
BF:22%
Progress: 105%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I recommend this plan, but only for a 'cleansing' period, and only if you don't mind some calorie counting and hunger for a while.

I hate to do this, Kristine, but I hafta disagree with you. I've been following the Fat Flush Plan for just over a year and half, attained goal weight after about 6 months (flushed 57 pounds and over 23 inches!).
I strongly recommend the FFP as a WOL.

1) You never count calories/carbs/points on the FFP. (I'm math-impaired!)
2) In the liver-cleaning phase (min. of 2 weeks, max of 4), the P1 veggies are unlimited and adding a couple oz lean cooked protein to the 8oz base is A-ok. How can you be hungry when you may eat an entire spaghetti squash with marinara? Or a whole head of cabbage (if that's what floats yer boat!)? Eating some protein with each meal/snack is also a good way to keep the cravings under control. P1 has a couple goals including cleaning out and supporting the liver (the body's main fat processing organ) and speeding up the metabolism.
3) The FFP follows a low-glycemic food strategy as mechanism for controling blood sugar (along with eating every 2-3 hours) and cravings.
4) Eliminating the major food allergy groups (wheat/sugar/dairy/yeast/soy) during P1 & 2 helps many MANY (including ME) identify heretofore hidden food sensitivities. Turns out I am mildly dairy intolerant (YIKIES!).
5) Phase 2 - the long term weight loss phase - starts the process of adding back deferred foods (low glycemic carbs such as sweet potato and sprouted grain bread) in a way that helps you learn what your BODY needs/wants (vs what YOU want. LOL - just because YOU crave something doesn't - ipso facto - make it GOOD for you! Tough lesson to learn - that!)
6) Phase 3 is wonderful! Most of my deferred faves are now back on the menu but in healthier forms - brown rice instead of white, high quality chocolate (instead of that hersheys stuff that has next to no real chocolate in it), whole grain pasta is back, unsulfited wine, pizza is even back....ok, you get the idea.

It's true, I'm a FFP poster child! I've tried and failed at all too many previous diets and this is the one that not only helped me become slim again (I mean - I'm wearing size 6!! ME!! 5'8" and 146 in a size 6!!), but flushed ALL my cellulite, and showed me a plan for a long healthy life. What's not to like?

No one plan will work with all people. But the Fat Flush Plan comes closest, IMVVHO (in my veddy VEDDY humble opinion). I used to be queen of cellulite. Now I'm queen of slender.
Life is good.