#13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 16:03
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%
Unhappy No way!

I've read all 8 pages by now and I have to say that I am deathly afraid of a refeed and will never do it on purpose. That's not to say I won't lose my will/discipline and fall off the wagon, but I just can't see planning a day-long pizza fest (dammit! )

I hope this post doesn't sound judgmental; that is not my intent, but I'm prepared that some posters may interptet it that way.

I started this WOE because I really want to reach a healthy weight. But I also promised myself that I wouldn't treat my journey as a diet -- something I started and then stopped when I became thin. This time my way of eating would become a way of life. I didn't want to eat food that clogged me. I wanted to eat food that cleansed me!

It's not that I can't see myself spending a day or two eating all my favorite "binge" foods (e.g., pizza and garlic bread and Italian food and chocolate). I'm drooling just thinking about it. And I am jealous of every one of you for whom refeeding has worked! But another part of me avidly wants to avoid eating that way because that's what got my weight up to an all-time high of 182. I sure didn't get fat eating chicken and vegetables!

And while I admit an occasional, small treat when I'm at maintenance is reasonable, I am terrified of the binge/gorge thing. What if I can't get back on???

I am wondering if there a way to do a refeed with whole, natural foods. For example, piles of steamed brown rice with melted cheese and beans or mounds of whipped potatoes with garlic, thyme and French butter or masaman curry...

Does it have to be sugar? Has anyone done a refeed with natural foods?