Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Frederick:

You have a gym log.

Quote:
Weights are a different issue, though. I can lift my normal weights with very little carbs, and I hardly ever have carb load-ups (except for when I euphemistically call chocolate a carb load). It seems that on the days when I do have more carbs, I do find it easier to lift more weights. And, here is when it gets interesting. This effect doesn't manifest itself, unless I eat considerably more carbs pre-workout--that means in the 80 - 100 range. Anything less than that, I don't feel a difference.
According to the science (that I've read, anyway), the body uses fuel from free fatty acids for endurance sports, but uses glucose for fuel for HIIT and weight lifting. So what you say makes sense. But this is interesting. Wow! At least 80-100 preworkout carbs before you notice a difference? Great, another experiment.

Quote:
PS: What is NHS?
Do you mean NHE? It's Natural Hormone Enhancement which is a plan that uses lowish to moderate carbs with a high (starchy) carb/low fat/low protein carbup done as the last meal every 3, then 4 day cycles. There's a sticky about it on the CKD Forum.

Oddly enough, I found the book (before it came to this forum) not from a bodybuilding perspective, but from a hormone balancing perspective. It's great to see other people following it.

Have a great night.

Wanda