View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 18:02
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Frederick! I am glad you started a journal. I know exactly how you feel. I used to hate weights and now I love them (I can't belive it either).

I remember when you gave me the advice on how to start running. And when I got into it (no way as long as you do it I loved it). I still do but I was overdoing it and that's why I think I lost some lean mass. I overdid it. I still like to run but I am now only doing it on HIIT days. On other days I just walk.

Quote:
Now, I am firmly convinced that weight training is an essential part of one’s workout regimen (I’m loathe to admit this, but from all I’ve read, I’m convinced that excessive cardio is counter-productive).
That's a fact! I was ignoring the advice of BFL and Wanda and doing cardio for longer the required time and slacking off on the weights and not eating enought protein on some days and I have lost about 7 pounds of lean mass which is going to be so hard for me to get it back. I could cry when I think about it now. Right now I think it's around 91 lbs. I hope it has not dropped anymore. I will get it done at the end of August.

Quote:
I'm curious, doing weights ever bore you? That's my biggest restraint. There are times when it becomes quite boring for me especially on those nights when the gym is quite empty.
I used to hate weights when I was doing BFL probably because I was doing my weights at home and using very light ones. I don't find it boring at all now. I love it.

I really like it when it's empty because no one is using the weights that I want.

You're going to get alot of great advice. There are alot of knowledgeable people on here willing to share whatever they know so just go ask them. Especially Built, Lift, Wanda and others. Even the guys know alot too(jk).

Have fun!

red

p.s. Add some fish oil and L Glut. You should break up your meals if you can 5-6 meals.