#14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 09:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hola

Hello E'rebody,

It's nice to see folks connecting. Welcome Elizabeth! If I could chime in about the scale thing - this time around I am not a scale fanatic. I decided to only weigh myself once a week on Friday's.

I did Atkins successfully a year ago (dropped like 40lbs before I jumped off the wagon) BUT I weighed myself non-stop. Some days it was goood, but most days it was...just a'ight. I was praying for wooshes and blaming the scale not moving on the impending TOM (it's always coming isn't it?).

I realized this time around, just because I am starting this WOL with a vengance, I CAN'T give all of my power to the scale! I know me, I will see a gain or no change, and I will become discouraged. PLUS I am working out this go round (check out the gym log y'all) so like Elizabeth said, I know that building muscle will translate differently in my weighloss numbers.

The fact is, I am trying alot of things differently this go round:
The journal
The gym log
Starting this thread to find some friends for support
Walking everywhere
Weight training
Getting my water in despite the fact that I go 50x a day
Taking my vitamins this time
LOVING MYSELF ENOUGH TO DO THIS FOR ME!!!!!

*Phew* Thanks for letting me preach. On another note, I agree about all of those LC products that are out there. I try to stay away as much as possible. I agree, a year ago there was no such thing as all of the LC products that are screaming at me when I go shopping. My solustion has been to try to become a better cook. I have always said I wasn't a cook, and relied heavily on fast food and pre-packaged stuff. Now that so many LC products are tring to become conveneince foods - it would be easy for me to get swept away....So, I decided I will become a better cook. I'll let y'all know how I progress. I even try to stay away from diet soda just because it gets in the way of my water consumption.

I guess it's finding that discipline and will power in the face of your weakest moments...that and leaning on a few friends