View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 13:37
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

Something you might look at, is how long the person has been on Atkins. People starting out on induction do eat a lot more fats/proteins than people on maintenance. On induction, you are trying to tweak your metabolism. This usually should be for about 2 weeks, some people with a lot to lose may stay on it longer. As far as whether or not red meat and sat. fats is less healthy than whole foods - probably, if that was all you ate your whole life. I don't believe two weeks of steak and butter is a big deal. There is a lot more variety to this way of eating than most other "diets". If you read a lot of posts, you'll hear people say "they've never eaten this many vegetables or this many varieties of vegetables in their life!" So true for me! I can tell you I've been doing low carb for over a year, and my blood pressure is down, I feel great, I've lost quite a bit of weight, even started a real exercise program. Since you really are close to your ideal weight, maybe you could incorporate more "good carbs" into your meals. You may enjoy more of a SBD type of eating. Good luck!