View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:08

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 232/162/162 Male 69 inches
BF:30%/13%/11%
Progress: 100%

kstornado,

That's a great price. I live in a great big town in the San Francisco Bay Area. I pay $24.00 per month to belong to 24 Hour Fitness, they have lot's of classes and lot of machines and trainers.

Does your center have any other machines besides treadmills and stationary bikes? Are there more challanging pre-programed workouts available on your treadmill?

About weight-lifting before or after cardio. I've actually been told the opposite by many different trainers. I've been told to do cardio first, then resistance training. All of my weight-training, is done in group workout (I wouldn't do it otherwise, anyway. To me, it would be too boring). I do 5 hours a week of weight training split between Monday PM, Wednesday PM, Friday PM and Sunday AM. In all the Trainer-led programs, the trainer begins with cardio (for at least 20 and up to 60 minutes), and then moves to weights.

I do mostly cardio (about 15 hours a week) and about half of it is walking. The other half is usually cycling (spin class or road), elliptical trainer and step aerobics, with some trendmill HIIT.

You can do cardio everyday. Weights (or resistance training) needs to have a 24 recovery period in between workouts. It's a really great form of exercise, because you build muscle when lifting, and therefore increase your metabolism, and you burn fat while you recover. There's just a limit to how much weightlifting that I can do without getting completely bored, and I want to be more active than that would limit me to. Cardio can be done everyday and there are so many interesting ways to do it!!

J