View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 16:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 141/118/120 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 110%

Thank you so much for sharing that!

And it was quite timely for me personally. I have been on the Induction for several days, and just yesterday I was at the Vitamin Shop looking at the nutrional information on the wide variety of low carb bars. Honestly, they sounded to good to be true - it seemed illogical that 90% of the carbs can be ignored, I mean sugar is sugar, but since I am new to Atkins, I didn't know if my instincts were correct or not.

Well, you proved me right. And you know what this reminds me of? During the low fat diet craze back in the 1990's, when everyone believed that "fat makes you fat", food product manufacturer's were quick to jump on the bandwagon, creating low fat versions of cookies and snacks, that people ate to their hearts content without guilt but didn't have the common sense to realize that even without fat, one cookie is a lot of calories, and so people in America got even more obese! Another thing marketers did, was to label items 99% fat free, when the product was fat free to begin with - like apple juice. I am waiting for such labels to start showing up on redesigned packages of cheese, etc.