View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 07:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default You can do this in College!

Hi. I was checking out the threads looking for replys to my Nebraska thread and your post jumped out at me. Maybe it was the "How do I do this in college?" or did I see the name "Holly".
I'm a Holly too. I am not in college....54 years young but I think you can do this abount anywhere. For instance, I went to a big family Thanksgiving yesterday and loaded up my plate just like everybody else. Nobody noticed that I was "dieting". I had one of those divided plates. One section was celery, radishes, cauliflower, one was green beans, a teeny bit of cole slaw, and the big section was lots of TURKEY. I think that by the time I was done slowly eating this, I felt as full as those with the mashed potatoes and gravey, stuffing or pecan or pumpkin pie. And I know I felt better after. When we got home, my husband was hitting the Tagamint. A college cafeteria must be a little like our "golden corral" here in Omaha. You fill your plate with the meat and all the green vegies you can. Hopefully they offer salad.
Go for it, with bacon bits and cheese and olives. No low fat dressing. I know you can do it!