#30   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 11:40
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

hi again,

well my last post to this thread was about a year ago. since then i've lost another 20 or so pounds, and i have to say that i was just looking in the mirror this week and thinking that my neck has really lightened a lot. to the extent that i'd almost think of putting my hair up totally - it looks fine around the sides, and only a little bit discoloured right at the back. whereas before i'd only put my hair up a bit at the front and only if i was wearing a necklace etc so that my neck wasn't too visible. only thing i'm doing different is continuing to lose weight, so maybe it really will disappear entirely once i lose all the weight?

bluberr18 - at your height you're right that you're not *that* overweight, but maybe that doesn't really make that much difference with AN? i don't know, i think it's a sign of insulin resistance and you can have insulin resistance early on, before you put on a lot of weight. i know that i've had this discolouration since i was very young and before i put on all that weight.

i don't know. i still hate it, and it's still there. but maybe it will lighten more - or else i'll just have to put up with it. sigh.

deb