#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 05:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/217/140
BF:
Progress: 6%
Smile New Kid On The Block ....

Hi Everyone

I'm a new kid on the block to the low-carb life - - only registered yesterday to this site, and had been looking through the Introduction Forum but I got very excited today when I saw the forum related to Fibromyalgia, CFS, SAD etc.

The reason I have entered the LC world is through my husband. He has suffered with Fibromyalgia, CFS for the last 14 years (the whole of our married life). As I'm sure I do not need to explain to those who have suffered for years with these conditions, he has been through years of hell - - in and out of hospital, consultant after consultant, one type of antidepressant after the other - - these drugs are fine to shadow the problem for a while, but eventually it all catches up with you again.

Earlier this year we started looking for alternatives to the conventional orthodox medical route and started to investigate chinese herbalism, bio-energy healers, aromatherapy - - these all certainly helped to an extent - - we got him off the antidepressants he had been taking for years.

We then read Dr. St Amand's book on the Guaifenesin Protocol and we realised that my husband had a hypoglacemic problem. We self-administered the low carb diet and the improvement in his symptoms over the last week has been very encouraging. He is now going to try the Guai program and I will keep you posted on his progress.

My husband does not have a weight problem, so the diet is just for medical reasons, but I've suffered with a weight problem most of my life, so I thought I would be joining him on the LC plan to give him support and maybe it will help me - sure enough, I've only been on it 4 days and lost 4 pounds!

Sorry for the intial long message, but I'm so excited to have found a group of people who know exactly what my husband is suffering. He also appears to have SAD and I plan to get him a lightbox soon.

My husband is the most wonderful man and I really hope we are at last on the begining of a journey which will help turn his life around. He has so much to give and I just want to see his suffering reduced.

Health and happiness to you all.

Diana
Sponsored Links