View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 11:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi kaleenb, I am sabrina and I have hypothyroidism as well. I have been diagnosed with this for about 12 years. I've been on synthyroid for 12 years as well. I never had a weight problem until about the past 5-6 years. The past 2 years it has been my fault because I have let my weight get out of hand. When I was younger I used to model from the time I was 15 until 23. No way did I ever think I would get fat. I had put on a few pounds in the beginning with this but I managed it. When I became pregnant with my daughter in 98 my weight ballooned. After my daughter was born I got down to around 180. But I dont know if the pregnancy put my body out of wack because no sooner did I get down to that weight, the number on the scale increased to where I am at today. Alot of it came from depression, rocky relationships with my daughters father. To me my daughter was well worth the weight gain but I am at a point in my life that I am not happy with myself and I dont want my daughter to think that being overweight is ok because mommy is. I want to be a healthy thin role model for my daughter. I still am very pretty and I carry my weight very well, dont mean to sound conceited, but I have been at both ends of the stick and I like it better at the thin side. Please, please hang in there, and make sure that your doctor checks your blood regularly for med's. My doctor is really good about mine. The weight will come off maybe not as fast but it will come off. Also make sure that you don't become best friends with the scale because if you have read alot of the journals and post, the inches tend to come off quicker. Sabrina