#18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 10:32

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Telling family and friends

Hi Alto,
Thanks for the reply. The thing about telling friends and family is that once you tell you are locked into doing it. So I guess I wanted to know I was committed before I told anyone, so that within myself I knew I could do it and not fail. I'm having remarkable success, so sticking to it is not a problem. I think it's because it really works, and it is something I can live with for the long haul. Not like Fad diets--eat 9 eggs a day, then 9 bananas... Ever heard of that one?
Oh, and the reunion thing. I am truly looking forward to it, and it is something I put out there in my mind to keep me focused. But I've never believed in losing weight for an event: like a wedding or reunion. If I felt I could do it, I would have lost the weight years ago. I had a friend that stopped eating for almost 4 months to fit into a dress for my sister's wedding. That's just plain crazy, and unhealthy!! But now that I've found a way to drop the pounds, I am looking forward to the reactions on my family's faces. Also, in the past 10 years, I've become increasingly hesitant to see old friends ie. class reunions. But now I see a time in the future when I won't be bogged down by this excess weight. Victory always tastes much better than Defeat. I haven't felt successful about my weight in at least 10 years, so it's a new feeling. Thank the Lord above!! Victoria