View Single Post
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 06:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Soup

Last couple of days have been absolutely perfect (albeit cold) for the walk in the park. I just lovvvvvvve all those autumn colours - they are soooooo rich and inspiring ... for me. I am hoping next Saturday will be just like that - hopefully even a little warmer.

What to bring ? Well I don't really want to carry more than necessary. I was just given a very useful present which might come in handy (if I feel like carrying it around) - a hot/cold (thermos) casserole dish. Haven't decided finally yet but I was thinking of bringing some chicken drumsticks (like the ones you had at the FIRST LC meeting - curried) and using the stock from it as a base for soup: broccoli, cauli, tofu.

They do serve fish and meat at the restaurant, but it is often surrounded by a lot of carbs and most the soups are carb laden. They do some wonnnnnnnnderful ice creams but I don't suppose anyone will feel like those!!!

Tea and Coffee we can easily buy there.

Judging from last time, we were all more interested in TALKING and although everyone ate, far too much food was left over - I probably went a bit mad with the proportions and had I thought of it party bags of food might have been good!!

My suggestion is just bring something small and hot for yourself + little extra if anyone wants a taste.

A ball might come in handy as a warming and running around after tool .

I become a kid myself there - go climbing over the trees etc - so be warned! LOL - it's my FUN time.

Oh that reminds me : nice comfortable trainers or walking shoes with warm socks - I might stay on and go for a long walk in Hampstead Heath which is kinda "natural" and foresty.

Just love the squirrels - a few UNSALTED peanuts might come in handy for them : squirrels are very picky (intelligent is a better word) won't accept salted peanuts!! There's lots of other animals too - peacocks, flamingoes, deer, australian short-long legged thingies (can't think of the name now) etc.

OOooooh and there's a duck pond : last time I went to my local park I was quite surprised how hungry the ducks were - don't suppose they get many visitors in the cold.

Wow! I am getting excited here!!!

It will be FUN - Just come prepared to let go and enjoy. I guarantee you all will sleep like LOGS when you get home.

Take care.