View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 07:54

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink We are in it for the longhaul

Well, I understand what you folks are saying. It's hard for me to realize my success because I'm still a large person. Only I am shrinking. It will take a while to actually not need "plus" sizes. But I always remind myself, that it took years to put on this much weight. It will take time to take it off. And I agree, with Alto, 53 pounds is alot of weight to lose already. Otenn, you are doing it!!
The last time I tried to lose weight seriously, before I just sort of gave up, I was counting calories. Boy, was that a drag!!! And when the holidays rolled around, after I had lost 40 something pounds, I just gave up counting and trying. I could never get back the momemtum. But with this low carb thing, I'm not feeling deprived. I don't try not to eat. And the kinds of foods I eat satisfy me. So I'm hoping that these upcoming holidays, I can make it through without "giving up". I know I will want at least one piece of pumpkin pie....But I choose not to eat all the mashed potatoes and every other starchy food at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I think we have to concentrate on the success already achieved. It was hard for me at first because I felt I wasn't losing rapidly. My neighbor lost weight last year by restricting fat severely and lost very quickly. But sad to say she's gaining it back. My weight loss is slower, but I plan to make this a WOL and plan to keep it off. This is the first time in almost 10 years that I've been able to lose weight and have hope for my future. Yippee!!!Yippee!!!