View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 16:37

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
PETA, as far as I am concerned, IS an anti-terrorist organization. The fact that " they are considered a terrorist organization by our government" - our government? What's that supposed to mean to me? Sorry. I'm not touching that one.

You might want to re-read what I posted. I didn't say that PETA is considered a terrorist organization, but that they choose to associate with and support some organizations that are. Glad to hear you've researched PETA. How much do you know about ALF, ELF and SHAC, their associates and allies?

Quote:
by the time your kids are school-age, you could always educate them just a wee bit about these types of organizations and what they are trying to do. NOTE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH THESE ORGANIZATION TO DO THIS. This way, in the event that they are exposed to a public display such as the BLOODY CHICKEN IN THE BUCKET, at the very LEAST, they will have some point of reference and I think you'd avoid undue trauma in the more sensitive child.

Hmmm..and how would you suggest parents do that in a way that the kids won't relate to themselves in K-4th grade?
You know...if my kids were raised on a farm where we butchered our own meat and they were accustomed to seeing such things, I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with it. They'd likely look at such a trinket and go..."So...what's your point?" But...kids who are not accustomed to seeing that are going to come away from something like that with a very different perception. PETA knows that most kids are not accustomed to seeing their food processed. In fact, they're counting on it.