View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 18:27

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Never

Right. I never cheat and I won't apologize for that (for not being "human" as some might say/think".

I eat SO luxuriuosly...eggs, steak, cheese etc - eating carbs, bad no no carbs would be nothing but a let down. I always have a choice and I choose what I LIKE. I don't LIKE carbs anymore/the way they make me feel or even the sugary or starchiness of them. Guess I'm a true convert!

It really disturbs me that "Cheats" have become a very accepted component of this diet. People tend to think of "cheats" as something included /that's going to happen to everyone/during this eating style. I think we have to stop that. The only thing accurate about calling MISTAKES AND FAILURES "cheats" is that we are leading ourselves into THIS kind of thinking - "Oh, I cheated but it's okay - I'll get right back on tomorrow". If you abuse cheating this way (and you know who you are) you need to stop. Cheating is nothing but not following the diet and it shouldn't be considered a "normal" part of eating this way. Sure people make mistakes and have failures, but if you lighten the burden of not following the diet by calling it some kind of "cheat", like it doesn't really matter then you are only cheating yourself.
It does matter. It made you feel miserable and threw you out of ketosis.

We are all human and make mistakes. I understand that and yes, I know that most everyone feels SO AWFUL about "cheating" once in a while. But I mean if you PLAN a cheat - then it's no accident.

Some people may argue that "cheats" actually help them lose again. Interesting. May be so or may be some rationalization.

I never cheat. I DO make MISTAKES and have FAILURES though...for example, I ate that scoop of my mom's chicken salad before she told me it had LOW fat mayo in it (sugar). Now THAT is an innocent mistake.

A "cheat", to call it that sounds very planned! And what is that? Are we planning to fail? Some would argue, no that cheats are planned on purpose to help them stay on the diet. Which is fine, but are these planned "cheats" written into Atkins' book?

Please inform me. Everyone must do what's best for them.
There are mistakes and then there are purposeful cheats. I do not cheat. I do make mistakes.

Point made.

Hmmm...