Old Fri, Oct-05-01, 04:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Jon's Daily Punishment

This is a good idea.

For me the idea of exercise is very unusual. However for the last 11 days I've been getting up at 5.30 and working out for about an hour. I'm following the Body-for-Life regime (but not the 6 meals a day diet!) and am mainly aiming for fat loss, but any other benefits will be nice.

What I do is:

Tues, thurs, sat - cardio - 20 mins on bike changing up and down between intensity 5 and 9 and then up to 10 for the last minute. I usually stagger gasping off the bike and have to sit down. Also ab routine that I got from a mag which has crunches etc but also some stretching and bending (good as I am really not very flexible)

Mon, Wed, Fre - weight, alternating upper and lower body workouts. All the BfL workouts have one exercise per body part which is done at an increasing weight for 12-10-8-6 reps and then drop the weight and do 12 reps and then immediatley a different exercise - the aim to hit "10". I'm finding the workouts intense and the necessity to keep hitting 10 means you push yourself hard.

UBWO barbell bench press then dumbell flyes
barbell shoulder press then lat raises
Wide grip pulldowns then reverse grip pulldowns
Triceps pushdowns then lying triceps extensions
Standing barbell curls then hammer curls

LBWO Barbell squats then leg extensions
Godd mornings then leg curls
Standing calf raises then one leg calf raises

So far this seems to be working. I'm going to weigh on sunday but can already wear my jeans again!

Cheers

Jon