Thu, Oct-04-01, 17:56
Plan: DANDR '92
Location: Eastern ON, Canada
Well, I had to sit down and turn this into an official recipe, with amounts and nutrient counts etc. I normally just throw this together .. yes, I weigh the veggies, so I know the carb count du jour, but it usually varies from batch to batch. So, here goes nothin' ..
- Roasted Eggplant, Red Peppers & Olives
1 medium eggplant, about 1 lb/ 500g, peeled & cubed
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 small onion (or ½ cup) sliced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup Greek olives (kalamata)
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp oregano
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
½ cup x.virgin olive oil
- place vegetable chunks and olives in a large bowl.
- sprinkle herbs, salt & pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil over all, and toss to combine. spread vegetables in a greased, shallow baking pan.
- 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes, stir halfway through.
- serve with freshly grated romano or parmesan cheese if desired.
- makes 6 servings
per recipe - calories: 1310
Carbs: 44g / Fiber: 16g / 28g ECC
per serving - calories: 218
Carbs: 7.3g / Fiber: 2.7g / 4.6g ECC