View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 12:27

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Meg, we're all pulling for you. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Elaine, yes, the parts I ordered for the Bowflex did arrive. They said to allow 6 to 8 weeks, but there were here in about 3. Can't say enough good things about that company. Because I bought it second-hand, I never sent in a warranty card (there wasn't one to send in). They had my name and address from the spare parts I ordered. Great company!

I thought that if you went back and recalculated, you would find that your lean body mass has increased, and your body fat has decreased, even though your overall weight hasn't changed much. We all know the scale is notorious for fibbing.

We all know, too, that the body mass index (BMI) is practically worthless (which is what the Fitday chart is based on). You calculate BMI based on weight and height. It doesn't care if you're all muscle or all fat, which is why Arnold Schwarzenneger, Tom Cruise, Picabo Street, and Mel Gibson are all in the obese category.

The PP calculations require some measuring and weighing, but they're much more accurate than the scale or measurements alone.

PS: The chicken sounds good!