View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-01, 13:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

LOL ... What I meant to say is the opposite - that he did NOT see his shadow, so an early spring ... .. That'll teach ME for trying to make sense when it's way past my bedtime!

Here is the official synopsis from http://www.wiarton-willie.org
Quote:
In Wiarton, at 8:15 am on February 2nd, 2001, Wee Willie came forward to make his prediction. Amid much excitement and speculation Wee Willie did not see his shadow indicating an early spring.

The mystique of the albino prognosticator continues with this young groundhog. Wee Willie has shown the insight of his ancestor and was proclaimed THE Wiarton Willie.
Hey, I just checked out the site, and you can order your very own Wiarton Willie keychain or Wiarton Willie fridge magnet ... ....Ya gotta love free enterprise.

Doreen

p.s. - to those who may not know, or may have forgotten, last year, Groundhog Day 2000, the crowds gathered early to see the great albino groundhog Wiarton Willie do his thing. Well, Willie did not come out at all, and after much impatience and grumbling from the disgruntled crowd, officials took a peak into his mound, and to their utter dismay, found him keeled over DEAD!! Kind of embarassing, considering this particular event is a BIG tourist draw for this tiny Ontario village. But, it seems the tradition will be carried on with elan by the NEW Wiarton Willie.

[Edited by doreen T on 06-02-01 at 14:49]