View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 20:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/158/135 Female 5'2
BF:A Lot
Progress: 49%

stella, at first glance i notice that you are eating nuts. i seem to recall the recommendation that they be avoided during induction so that might be something. also, be sure to watch your intake of cheese. i believe the recommended amt. is 3-4oz daily during induction, though it is a known staller so that amount might vary from person to person.

so far as calorie consumption goes, it should be 10-12 times your body weight, based on what i've heard said around here time and time again.

you should aim to get your fat/protein/carb consumption percentages to around 70/25/5.

another important thing is water. how much are you drinking? you should drink AT MINIMIM 64oz per day, plus another 8oz for every 25lbs you are overweight. Remember, that is the minimum. You basically should drink until you float, and then drink a little more. It sucks having a full bladder all the time but your body does get used to it and eventually you'll be normal again (so far as the need to constantly use the restroom goes).

another thing to consider is inches lost. the scale isn't always the best indicator of how you're doing on a diet. sometimes a body loses inches before pounds, so it'd be an awesome idea to measure yourself so that you can track the progress you're making that way. last week i'd only lost 2 lbs (of the 3 total that i've lost) but when i measured i found that i'd lost an inch off of a few different places and 4 inches off of my waist! so yeah, measure. it can help when the scale is a discouraging thing.

hopefully this helps a bit! i know it sucks to lose weight slowly (believe me, i know) but hey, at least you're losing it, right? it took a long time to put on so you have to expect that it'll take a while to come off, as well.